Paignton (Palace Avenue) Methodist Church is a Friendly and Welcoming Church by the Gardens in the Town Centre of Paignton, Devon. A Council car park is close by and there is on street parking (FREE on Sunday's) around the gardens in front of the church building.
Paignton (Palace Avenue) Methodist Church is part of the Torbay Methodist Circuit.
to provide a centre for worship and witness in Paignton for people of all ages to make and grow disciples of Jesus Christ”.
to open our church five days a week with trained listeners in attendance
to improve communication and to establish who is the community we seek to serve
Over 80 Members
Minister - Revd Dermot Thornberry
Send the Minister a private and confidential message
Senior Steward: Ian Somerville
Treasurer: Dr Roger Gibb
Active participants in the Torbay Inter-Faith Forum
Actively support LiNX a Christian Youth Trust interactive church initiative in Torbay
- We have a Church, hall and meeting rooms
- (Find out about hiring our premises)
- The Church building is over
100 years old, but the hall, meeting rooms and kitchen have
The Church contains a small group worship as well as a Créche area.
We have a kitchen facility in the foyer of our Church for serving tea/coffee to passers-by.
We also provide
- Wheel chair access to church and hall
- Wheel chair spaces in church
- Toilet facilities for the disabled
- Baby changing table
- Space for push chairs in foyer and sanctuary
- Activities for the very young available during morning
in a carpeted creche area within the Church
- Induction loop sound system
- Large print and Braille hymn books
- Braille 'Good News' Bible
Find out more
Pages of interest
Something To Sing About
The Story of Methodism in Paignton in the Wesleyan Tradition
Cabbage Patch Crafters
Meets alternate Tuesdays
- Hameln Visits
Visits to and from Hameln - the town of the 'Pied Piper' (der Rattenfänger)
- Useful Links
- Songs & other Music
- 'Carols Down the Line'